VINCI Tab VS-2001
VINCI Tab VS-2001 Troubleshooting Guide:To prevent the tablet from freezing in any activity, please turn off your device prior to charging.
- Is the charger indicator light on?
- When plugged in, does the main screen of the tablet show a charge percentage?
- Turn tablet off prior to charging.
- Connect your charger to your tablet using the provided USB cable.
- Plug the charger into an electrical outlet.
- Ensure your tablet is turned ON while charging, but allow it to go into sleep mode.
- Leave the tablet to charge for at least 6 hours.
- Do not use your tablet during charging.
- Power-cycle your tablet off then back on again.
This model, VS-2001, does not support WIFI or a wireless connection.
This is a VINCI feature for parents who did not want their children to have internet access. If you are looking for a tablet with internet connection, please contact customer service for details on our trade-in program.
- See guide listed in Appendix B
This model does not support the VINCI Kids Library as it requires an internet connection.
Sometimes the screen may freeze while using an app or watching a video. This happens due to an android internal process error. In order to solve this, you may need to restart the device by pressing the power button for 10-15 seconds or by inserting a pin in the tiny hole on the back of the tablet. To prevent the tablet from freezing in any activity, please turn off your device prior to charging.
‘This app can only be run on a Vinci tab’. In the event you receive this message while trying to load an app, it may mean the system memory is full and a system restart is required.
To access the parent login,the password is MyVINCI. This password is case sensitive and cannot be changed.
Tab Manager is only compatible with the first generation devices, (VL-1001 & VH-2001).
In order to install an application or any other content such as a music file, video or image file into your VINCI Tab you will need to first have them located on your computer.
- Set your tablet into USB Storage mode: Connect your device to your computer via USB cable. On your tablet, touch the top of the screen where the clock & battery icon are. When you see the bar highlighted, drag down towards the bottom of the screen.
- Select: USB connected
- Select: Turn on USB storage
- From your computer you will be able to see your device as: Removable Disk
- Drag and drop any content from your computer to your tablet, Removable Disk
- After you copy the file(s) to your tablet, turn off USB Storage (Steps 1-3)
- From the Apps list open the Astro folder
- If you are trying to install an application, locate the .apk file and select. This will automatically prompt you to open App Manager and install your app. After you have installed your application, you will be able to find it in the All apps section of your menu (Step 7).
- If the content you have added is a music file, video or image file, use the appropriate app to open it; Music use the Music icon on the home screen, Videos and Images use the Gallery Application, also on the home screen.
In order to install an application or any other content like a music file, video or image file onto your VINCI Tab, you will need to have them located on your computer.
- Insert your micro SD Card into the SD Card slot in your computer
- Drag the content you would like to add into your tablet to any location on the Removable Disk
- Insert the micro SD Card in your Tablet
- From the Apps list open the Astro folder
- Find and open the folder “tflash” located on the sdcard directory
- Find the application you want to install and select it. This will automatically prompt you to open the App Manager and install your app. After installation, you will be able to find your app in the All Apps section (Step 4).
- If the content you want to access is a music file, video or image file, you will find it in the appropriate app to open it; Music use the Music application on the home screen, Videos and Images use the Gallery Application, also on the home screen (there is no need to copy those files into the device, they can be opened directly from the micro SD card).
For information regarding VINCI Curriculum, please visit;
For information regarding the current pricing for the VINCI Curriculum, please visit;
The Following languages are supported in the VINCI Curriculum application levels: Chinese, English, French and Spanish.
For information regarding the technical specifications about each model, please go to the following link:
VINCI store offers shipping services to the following locations:
- United States
If you are a developer please visit the following link: http://developer.vincigenius.com/home.html
Some apps obtained from Google Play or Android Market may not be compatible with some models of the VINCI Tab. This may be due to the hardware required such as GPU usage or the Android Version running on the tablet. We recommend to read the requirements of each application prior to installing on the VINCI Tab.
If you are interested in conducting business with VINCI, please email us at press@VINCIGenius.com.
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your VINCI product(s) and want to return it for a refund, please read our Warranty and Return Policy which can be found at: http://store.vincigenius.com/control/vincipolicy & contact customer service for your RMA# and the address to return.
Once you have placed your order, you will receive an email notification confirming that your order has been placed along with your order confirmation number. Ground shipping normally takes between 5-7 business days and express is 2-3 business days.
Once your order has shipped from our facility, you will be notified by email along with the shipment tracking number.
If some items you have ordered are out of stock, your VINCI Customer Service Representative will contact you for back-order information or for suggesting a substitute model.
All preloaded and/or digital content purchased will remain in your online account.
Login to your account, and on the left drop down menu, called “MyVINCI account”, select Downloads. This will load all the preloaded content for your model or any digital content purchased from our website associated with your account. You can download these apps directly from your tablet if you have a WIFI model, or you can download them to your computer and install them to your device.
If you don’t have an account, you can go to:
Click “Login” and select “Sign Up”. Once you have created your account and registered your model you will be able to access to all your originally preloaded content.
If you have purchased VINCI Curriculum SD cards, please install from your SD cards after factory reset. Note each SD card is device specific and can not be copied.
Unfortunately accidental damage to the screen is not covered under warranty. We do offer a repair service of USD plus shipping.
Any other hardware piece that presents a defect such as buttons, USB connector, charger, handle or any kind of irregular sound or noise can be sent for repair under warranty. Please contact customer service to initiate your warranty service by emailing; email@example.com or via online chat at; www.vincigenius.com/support, or calling technical support at 1-855-698-4624.